What is Wing Chun?
Why do I need to schedule an appointment?
What sets us apart from other martial arts schools in Los Angeles and Burbank?
What age do you start children?
Will learning Kung Fu help my child in the classroom?
Do you teach special needs children?
Am I too old to start learning Kung Fu?
Are women welcome in your martial arts programs?
I have never studied any Martial Arts before. Can I still join?
I studied another style before… can I still learn this one?
Q – How do I get started?
A – Call us (818) 843- 7916 to schedule a convenient time for you and your family to try our introductory program. We also offer a free trial class for your children. (Or fill out the registration page here.)
Q – Why do I need to schedule an appointment?
A – With an appointment, we can set aside time to answer any questions or concerns, give you and your family a thorough introduction to our martial arts programs, and discuss our pricing. Without an appointment, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to help you immediately.
Q – What sets us apart from other martial arts schools in Los Angeles and Burbank?
A- There are many Burbank martial arts schools, but we believe our age-appropriate programs, authentic lineage and Wing Chun style, and realistic self-defense training set us apart. We offer the highest quality of martial arts instruction and service. Since opening in 1995, we’ve taught Kung Fu to thousands of adults and children.
* Sifu Todd Shawn Tei: Our Master Instructor, Sifu Tei, teaches almost every day… unlike many schools where the Master Instructor may live in another city or state altogether.
*Certified Instructors: Unlike many schools that hire their martial arts instructors off of Craigslist, every single one of our instructors is first one of our Kung Fu students before beginning to teach. This practice enables us to ensure the highest quality instruction possible from caring instructors with excellent character.
* Our Style: Wing Chun Kung Fu is the most realistic form of Self-Defense available. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Master Ip Man all studied Wing Chun. We also teach Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Jeet Kune Do and Kickboxing concepts so that you may develop inner focus, peace, and fitness.
* Our Kung Fu Programs for Kids: Our children’s programs feature excellent teacher-to-student ratios and a convenient schedule with daily classes. Martial arts kids learn practical self-defense, anti-bullying, and anti-kidnapping strategies to boost their self-confidence. We also promote character development through focus, discipline, and leadership training. Our age-appropriate programs ensure kids learn at a developmentally appropriate pace: fun yet challenging!
* Flexible Schedules: Open 7 days a week! You’ll find our classes easy to fit into your schedule.
* Our Community: We pride ourselves on creating a relaxing, comfortable community space for all of our families and friends. Parents may watch their children’s classes from a comfortable seating area stocked with fresh coffee and tea. In addition to regular classes, field trips, seminars, parties, and other fun events are held regularly.
Q – What age do you start children?
A – We offer age-appropriate instruction for children starting at age 2 in our Mommy & Me Program; ages 3-5 in our Little Pandas program; ages 5 ½ -7 in our Tigers program; and ages 8-13 in our Dragons program. Teenagers are usually placed in our Adult/Teen program for ages 14 & up. Please give us a call to schedule a free trial class and consultation.
Q – Will learning Kung Fu help my child in the classroom?
A – Yes, because our structured Kung Fu program helps children develop increased concentration, discipline, and focus, which will help them tremendously in their academic pursuits. Our teaching method also promotes social skills, leadership, and teamwork, as well as positive study habits. Finally, we also help your kids learn effective anti-bullying strategies so they can enjoy school with confidence and enthusiasm!
Q – Do you teach special needs children?
A – We do teach children with special needs! Every child is different, so please call us to schedule an evaluation and trial class. Please explain your child’s special needs when you call so we can prepare the instructor for the evaluation.
Q – Am I too old to start learning Kung Fu?
A – No. In fact, we have students well into their 70s training in our Kung Fu programs. Regardless of your age, our professional instructors and training at C.A.M.A. will make you feel great. It’s an excellent way to learn how to protect yourself and improve your overall mental and physical health. Of course, if you have any health-related concerns we recommend you consult your physician.
Q – Are women welcome in your martial arts programs?
A – Yes! Our martial arts training programs help many women learn self-defense and getting in great shape. In fact, all the self-defense techniques we teach are especially great for women as they rely on redirection and balance as opposed to brute force.
The Wing Chun style (our primary martial arts style) was founded by a woman named Yim Wing Chun. Her teacher was a Shaolin Nun named Ng Mui. Hundreds of years later, Bruce Lee studied Wing Chun under the famous instructor IP MAN and made the style famous all over the world.
There are even several female instructors on our staff!
Q – I never studied any Martial Arts before. Can I still join?
A – Absolutely. And your age doesn’t matter. We have new students starting all the time. You don’t need any experience because you’ll start with others just like you, learning the basics. There’s nothing to worry about.
Q – I studied another style before, so will I be able to learn this one?
A – Sure. We have many students and even instructors who’ve studied other styles before dedicating themselves to learning Wing Chun. Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to schedule an appointment for you.
Call Our Burbank Martial Arts School Today
Do you have more questions about learning Wing Chun? Los Angeles students choose us because we’re the top program for Chinese martial arts. Burbank is a short drive from Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Glendale, North Hollywood, Toluca Lake, and Pasadena. Call us at 818-843-7916 or Contact Us today.