Sifu Todd Shawn Tei of California Academy of Martial Arts is a master of the Wing Chun style of Kung Fu, the style that Bruce Lee studied under Grandmaster Ip Man. Sifu Tei was initially taught Wing Chun by one of Ip Man’s students (Sifu Chung Yuk Kwai) and has also trained with Ip Chun and Ip Ching, who are Ip Man’s sons and now the Grandmasters of the Wing Chun System. Through the years Sifu Tei has studied many different styles of Kung Fu — mainly Shaolin Styles such as Choy Li Fut, Wushu and Tai Chi. He also teaches Bruce Lee’s concept called Jeet Kune Do.
In 1995 Sifu Tei established California Academy Of Martial Arts in Burbank, Los Angeles, California. He has enjoyed teaching Wing Chun as Chief Instructor there for the past 20 years.
Los Angeles Fight Choreographer and Martial Arts Consultant
Sifu Tei also acts in and choreographs Martial Arts Films and has worked with celebrities such as George Lopez, Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Chris Potter (star of Kung Fu The Legend Continues), Eric Roberts, and more. He has been featured in Martial Arts Magazines such as BLACKBELT, INSIDE KUNG FU, INSIDE KARATE, INSIDE MARTIAL ARTS, KARATE INTERNATIONAL, and KUNG FU MAGAZINE.
Recently Sifu Tei served as actor and fight choreographer for DC Entertainment (Warner Bros). He has also appeared in and choreographed for productions by TNT, TBS and Comedy Central. Sifu Tei notably served as Martial Arts Expert on several episodes of Spike TV’s hit series “1000 Ways to Die”. His popular Wing Chun YouTube channel has thousands of subscribers and over two million views from all over the world, and his Kung Fu Magazine DVD series remains a favorite among practitioners of all levels.
Private Sessions with Master Todd Shawn Tei will enhance every aspect of your martial arts training.
If you have trouble making the regularly scheduled classes then private sessions are the way to go.
Benefits of Private Session training-
- Focus on what you feel you need improvement on
- Set up the time and schedule that best suits your busy lifestyle
- See a quicker progress in your learning, get a clearer understanding
- A custom-tailored schedule to reach your specific goals
- Progress at your own pace with exercises to practice at home
- Master Tei has worked with countless advanced level Martial Artists and Athletes as well as beginners who have never studied anything before.
- Get the most out of your training. Even if you are attending classes, private sessions will help you get a better understanding and grasp of the foundation of the art.
For pricing information and to schedule an appointment, please call us at (818) 843-7916
Learn Wing Chun in Los Angeles from Sifu Tei
If you are committed to learning Wing Chun Kung Fu in Los Angeles and are local to Burbank, the first step is to schedule an appointment to visit Sifu Tei’s school. RSVP for your introductory class by calling (818) 843-7916 or using our Contact Form today.